Presentation of results related to search terms.
Search results should be following these rules:
- The search box should persistent and retain the search term.
- Have the ability to present multiple data sets
- Associate particular pages with certain keywords so they appear under “most likely matches”, e.g. Featured search result.
- If generic promotion is available, it should facilitate the addition of links above the list of search results.
- The page title should exclude any reference to the University of Edinburgh, e.g. remove any unnecessary meta information from titles.
- Icons can be used to indicate PDF files or other document files.
- The search word should be highlighted when it appears in the page title or description.
- Description should pull first from the metadata description of the page, then the page summary and only if neither of those is present from the body.
- More results like this might only appear when there are similar pages from the same section of the site.
Filtering and sort options [NEED LINK]
Search results uses standard GEL elements (pagination, tabs) or standard well-formed HTML (headings paragraphs etc.). There is no problems with this element.